Tryouts for 12u through 14u Academy Teams
Club Baseball, or “travel” baseball, is a higher-level, more experienced level of baseball for players ages 10u through 18u. At the Club level, you will find teams that are trained year-round and play in high level tournaments on a local, regional and national level. We feel it is absolutely necessary to play at this level as often as possible to increase your game awareness and speed of play.
Lifeletics sponsors and trains high level club baseball teams and players from around Southern California. If you’re a team that’s looking for a training center with a passion for development contact us and we’ll show you how Lifeletics can be your home base for all your training needs.
Lifeletics is also home to the OCX Baseball Academy and Vikings Baseball Club. The OCX organization runs club teams in South County and in Huntington Beach. Vikings Baseball Club is based in Huntington Beach.
UPCOMING OCX/VIKINGS TRYOUTS
First tryout date will be Sunday, July 15th at the Lifeletics Baseball Facility in Huntington Beach from 8am to 1pm. Tryout times per age:
14u (incoming 8th graders) – 8am – 9:30am
13u (incoming 7th graders) – 9:30am – 11:00am
12u (incoming 6th graders) – 11:00am – 12:30pm
Travel teams will feature multiple skill levels for beginning and advanced travel ball players. Coaching options for travel baseball teams range from Lifeletics professional instructors coaching the team in practices and games.
HIGH SCHOOL FALL CLUBS
Travel team play for High School players re-ups in September. Practices are held 2-3x per week and players have access to the Lifeletics facility for BEAST workouts and other activities.
Games will be on weekends and some weekdays in Orange County and San Diego. We will also compete in national tournaments and showcases throughout the fall and winter, including:
PRACTICE AND GAME SCHEDULES
Practices will be held at Marina HS in Huntington Beach, CA Mondays and Fridays and at the Lifeletics Baseball Training Facility in Huntington Beach, CA. Times TBA.
Members of our travel teams will receive baseball skill training from former Major and Minor league players and coaches and membership to the Lifeletics Facility. Members will also receive speed and strength training from Lifeletics Team USA level training staff at the Lifeletics Training Facility and San Juan Sports Park.
Our primary focus is to prepare players to play at their highest level and how to grow and adapt in strength and skill.
Our Baseball Academy has placed over 75% of our seniors onto college baseball programs over the last 5 years and have provided extensive mentorship to both players and parents about the tedious college recruiting process for over 16 years.
The odds of a high school senior playing baseball in college is 6%. Our 75% success rate and the fact that we don’t spend our time recruiting players (they come to us) proves that our #1 focus is development.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Training: We have 1-2 field practices per week, plus facility workouts for skills and strength.
- All players are eligible to attend all strength, speed and agility workouts and unlimited hitting/cage usage at Lifeletics Baseball Facility in Huntington Beach, CA.
- Games: We play 1-2 games per week. Depending on age and skill level, we will play 1-2 tournaments per month.
- Equipment: Our equipment/uniform sponsors are able to provide their equipment at a 15-20% discount of their normal retail price. Please talk to Ruben Corral or another coach to request advice on what equipment is right for you.
Billing frequency and due dates:
- Services are performed weekly and statements are generated MONTHLY.
- Payments are due on the 1st of each month.
- LATE PAYMENT POLICY: A $20 late fee will be applied to your account each month you carry a past due balance.
- Please pay on time before the due date provided. **ALL RETURNED CHECKS WILL INCUR A $30 FEE*
Additional Charges to expect throughout the season
- Season registration fee: Each league season requires us to pay an entry fee to cover league costs, umpires and field fees for games and practices.
- Tournament entry fee: Each tournament requires an entry fee. Some parks we play at charge an entry fee.
- Uniform Costs.
Director of Baseball Ruben Corral should be your first contact for administrative or player personnel questions.
Coaches will take vacation time throughout the year and you will be notified if a practice will be skipped or a replacement coach will be present to allow coaches to spend time with their families. Billing remains the same and our staff is paid for their time off.
If you have ANY questions or concerns about your player or experience with us, please call as soon as possible. We need and appreciate your feedback. We are available for your questions and comments anytime via phone (cell: 909-973-4220). We are a small, family owned business and our goal is to provide the best possible training for our athletes. We sincerely THANK YOU for your business!
For more information on travel teams, please contact Ruben Corral at email@example.com.